FFA District Results

Conestoga’s FFA Chapter Goes to Districts

Murray, NEB- On March 1, FFA had their district competition. There were a few different categories in the system, a few of these being state qualifying. Conestoga participated in seven of the categories at districts, and the results were fantastic.

In the agriscience (state qualifying) group, Conestoga had numerous students receive ribbons. A white ribbon went to the following student: Mason S. Red ribbons went to: Cydney V. and Louie C. Receiving blue ribbons were: Bridget M., Landan Y. and Ava W. Awarded a purple ribbon was Callie T., also receiving fifth place. Third place team in this category was: Callie T., Ava W. and Robbi Z. In the ag mechanics & technology category, a few Conestogians received ribbons also. For red ribbons: Chase C. and Landan Y. Receiving blue ribbons: Brink S., who was also awarded 12th. Evan S. took a first place gold medal in this competition. Overall, the team placed sixth.

For the meat evaluation (state qualifying) category, receiving a white ribbon was Brink S. A red ribbon went to Aaron W. Lastly, Evan S. took the bronze medal for third place. In floriculture (state qualifying), three members received red ribbons: Abby N., Kylie M. and Dakota S. Lindee W. took the blue ribbon and came in tenth. The category food science (state qualifying), Sophia T. and Ava W. snatched red ribbons. Lilly J. and Makenzie J. grabbed blue ribbons. Lindee W. received fourth place, along with a purple ribbon. As a team, they took home third place.

In the natural resources (state qualifying) group, white ribbons went to Kylie M. and Dakota S. Cydney V. took that red ribbon, and Callie clutched the blue ribbon. Abby N. grasped the purple ribbon and received sixth place with grace. For the final category, welding, as a team they took ninth place. Also taking white ribbons were members Brink S. and Chase M. The students receiving red ribbons were: Evan S. and Malaki J.

Everyone would like to congratulate these FFA award recipients. On top of that, we all need to recognize Conestoga’s FFA sponsor and director, Kaitlin Taylor. She is also the agriculture teacher at the high school, and teaches students everyday on this subject. Taylor does all she can to make these members and students the best they can be, and keep collecting awards, one after another.