Impacts of Screen Time

Murray, NEB- This day and age our lives heavily consist of technology. Phones, computers, televisions, take up most of our time. All of these items are very appealing and benefit most of our day to day lives. But have you ever wondered about the effects of too much screen time? According to DataReports the average person spends seven hours a day looking at screens. Screen time has become an immense issue in today’s world, spending too much time looking at screens can cause problems in social-emotional development, including obesity, sleep disturbances, depression, and anxiety.

There are many precautions you can take to avoid an excessive amount of screen time. One way to limit your screen time habits is to track your screen time. Tracking your screen time makes you aware of excessive screen time use. Another tip is to limit your number of screens, limiting the number of screens makes you less likely to scroll or text back. The next tip is to make your phone less appealing. While you are working on homework or other tasks that take concentration, make sure you distance yourself from your screens. This will set clear work boundaries and you will find yourself being more productive and focused.

According to ExplodingTopics, 47% of Americans are addicted to their smartphone. Spending too much time on your smartphone can cause eye strain and headaches. The result that you endure from your excessive use of your smartphone can affect your schooling and overall academic performance. Using the tips mentioned above you can become aware of excessive screen time, and set boundaries between you and your electronics.