Conestoga Stories Through Students' Eyes

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Sweep

Murray NE- On Tuesday night the Conestoga volleyball team hosted Plattsmouth. They faced off in three games. The theme of the night for the Conestoga student section was formal wear. Some of the students came in wearing fancy suits and dresses.

Plattsmouth brought a large student section with them. Their theme of the night was super heroes. To start the game off, Plattsmouth had the first serve. Conestoga got the ball up but then lost the point. A couple of points into the game, Conestoga called a timeout with a score of 3 to 8. The teams went into their huddle and the Conestoga band played a song. Toward the middle of the set, Plattsmouth pulled ahead and grasped the lead, 16 to 12. No other timeouts were called throughout the match. To finish off the set, Plattsmouth won with a score of 25 to 18.

According to Ava T, the setter on the varsity team, “Looking back on the first set, I think that we could have come into the game expecting them to come out playing hard and we just didn’t match their energy level.”

As the second set approached, Conestoga had the serve. The ball went out of bounds and Plattsmouth got the first point. Throughout the set, Plattsmouth kept a pretty consistent lead. About halfway through, Conestoga caught up and the score was tied 16 to 16. The Cougars lost the point and Plattsmouth took the lead again. Shortly after Conestoga pulled ahead for the first time the whole game with a score of 23-22. Plattsmouth came out on top and won the second set by two points.

To finish off the game Plattsmouth had the serve and Conestoga got the first point. By the middle of the game the score was Conestoga 16 and Plattsmouth had 15. A few points later, Plattsmouth called a timeout with a score of Conestoga at 22 and Plattsmouth at 19. After going into extra points, Conestoga ended up losing 27 to 25.

Head coach Abby Plihal was asked for a comment and this is what she said,“It was a decent game. I think we played well, it was a tough team.”