Conestoga Stories Through Students' Eyes

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Friday Night Fiasco

Conestoga Journalism

Murray, NEB- Last Friday night, the Conestoga Cougars played the Freeman Falcons. The student section showed up dressed as Adam Sandler. When the game began, the Cougars scored first, but the Falcons were close behind. The crowd was in the game, cheering and chanting.

At halftime, the Cougars were in the lead. The Cougarettes dance team went out to the field to perform, followed by the marching band. When the game resumed, both teams quickly got on the field to continue the game.

The Cougars stayed ahead until the fourth quarter. When the Falcons scored, capturing the lead. When the Cougars got the ball back, they fell short at the 10-yard line. Conestoga lined up for a field goal, but they were stopped due to a false start and got moved back. The second attempt was blocked by the Falcons. The Falcons came on the field to celebrate, and a player from Freeman threw the ball towards Conestoga’s sideline. Conestoga then picked it up and ran into the endzone. One referee said touchdown while the other referee called the play dead.

Coach Quick recalls, “My first thoughts in the last five minutes were to keep everyone calm and on the same page. We had to continue doing what we had done the entire game. We didn’t need anyone to panic.” But the third and final lineup for a field goal could not be pulled off. The final score was Conestoga 35 and Freeman 38.