Conestoga Stories Through Students' Eyes

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Weeping Water Fall Festival

Murray, NEB- This Saturday in Weeping Water, Neb, is the annual fall festival. During this fall festival there will be a flea market, food trucks, beer garden, live music and more. The festival starts at 11 A.M. and goes until 4 P.M. Registration for the car show begins at 10 A.M. on Eldora Avenue, there is no entry fee and all vehicles are welcome. “With the changing colors of the leaves, it’s a beautiful place to live and enjoy.” Said Nancy Wipf.

This week many businesses have set up scarecrows for the competition, so make sure you stop in city hall and do some voting. Prizes will be given out to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. The scarecrow competition was sponsored by the Weeping Water Chamber of Commerce.

In honor of the annual fall festival some businesses such as Be The Light, will be having sales such as a $5 bag sale. This means you can fill a bag for $5 with men’s, women’s and children’s clothes, excluding outerwear, husker gear and Halloween costumes. Be The Light is a non-profit organization that goes to suicide prevention and they sell so many things ranging from freeze dried candy to clothes to books and much more, make sure to check them out.

If you’re looking for a great place to get fall pies then order Mama Cronks pies. They won’t be selling at the Fall Festival but you can always order online.

“It’s always a great fundraiser for the town because it brings lots of people in. And there is always lots of good food!” Said Nancy Wipf.