Conestoga Stories Through Students' Eyes

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Graduation 2024

Graduation+2024

Murray, NEB- There were many students congratulated at Conestoga’s Graduation on Saturday. Conestoga has a 92% graduation rate and this year just under 100% of seniors are graduating. The two foreign exchange students, Bendix S. and Amandine J, walked at graduation as well. The school board sat on the stage with the graduates and presented them with their diplomas. Guidance counselor, Mrs. Kreifels stated the scholarships that each student has received.

At commencement the valedictorian John M. and the salutatorian Aaron W. presented their speeches about high school and what is to come next. John’s plan after high school is to attend University of Richmond to study Political Science. He was involved in several activities including Journalism, Speech, FBLA, NHS, One Act, Band, Student Council, and Quiz Bowl. “I’m glad to have had so many great experiences in so many amazing programs,” said John. Aaron was also an active participant in the school. He was a part of football, soccer, Mock Trial, One Act, and NHS. He plans to attend UNL and his favorite high school memory was when their soccer team made it to state.

Graduation is a great milestone in one’s life. It is an accomplishment of something that they worked very hard for. It is also just one step out of many in the students’ lives. It is important that this year’s seniors are celebrated for their achievements in activities and academics that they have been through during their high school careers and wish them luck for their future.