Super Bowl Ticket Prices Throughout History

Murray, NEB- Every year millions of Americans tune in to watch the final game of the NFL season, the Super Bowl. The cost of watching the game on your television is nearly nothing, but have you ever wondered what the cost of going to the big game is? Super Bowl LVIII (58) between the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers will be hosted in Las Vegas, Nevada with an average ticket price of $5,197.

Ticket prices for the Super Bowl weren’t always very lofty. Super Bowl I was a contest between the Kansas City Chiefs and Green Bay Packers, the average ticket prices for the game was $10. Adjusted to today’s inflation the price would round out at about $90, but compared to today’s prices that’s very respectable. Now let’s jump to Super Bowl XIII (13), acquiring a ticket would cost $30. At today’s prices this is about $130 dollars, which would still be considered pretty cheap for any sporting event in today’s age.

Tickets for Super Bowl XXV (25) skyrocketed to a price of $150, adjusted for inflation it jumped to a price of $330. Moving on to Super Bowl XXXII (32), a ticket for this game would cost $325. Today that ticket price would be $587 dollars, adjusted for inflation. Jumping 17 years to Super Bowl XLIX (49) the average ticket price is $2,000, and a ticket for last year’s Super Bowl a ticket would have cost anywhere from $6,000 – $27,000.

The Super Bowl is very widely known as a very popular American event. But after seeing the ticket prices for the big game, staying home might be the better option.