Conestoga Stories Through Students' Eyes

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Stress Awareness Month

Murray, NE- April is National Stress Awareness Month. Over 70 percent of Americans are overwhelmed with stress repeatedly and most if not all experience stress at some point in their lifetime. Managing stress is an important part of daily lifestyle and many Americans become unable to.

In April the world brings awareness and tries to help the feelings and effects that stress can have on your mind and body. Stress can be brought on by most issues that people deal with in daily life. Financial issues are the top cause of stress in America. Other leading factors include, work life problems, health concerns, traumatic events, and relationship issues. Most commonly people cause themselves stress without even noticing it is happening. Managing stress is vital to maintain a healthy lifestyle, it increases mental and physical well-being and helps prevent health related issues.

People are encouraged to experiment with ways to help lower their stress levels. An effective way to get rid of stress is breathing and relaxation exercises. It is proven that meditation and yoga calms your mind and body. Another way is by taking care of yourself. Things such as physical activity, having a balanced diet and getting enough sleep help with your mental and physical well being. Time management, taking breaks, and social support are also proven to help reduce stress.

National Stress Awareness Month is a great way to remind yourself of the importance of taking care of your mental health.The pink ribbon is a symbol used to commemorate stress awareness.