Conestoga FBLA Takes on Business

Conestoga’s FBLA organization came on strong this year.

Murray, NEB-Five students from the Conestoga FBLA team joined students from other schools at Midland University for the Nebraska Future Business Leaders of America Fall leadership conference. The president of the Conestoga chapter this year, Addi A., along with Jagger P., vice president, Mackenzie J., secretary, Sophia A., chapter treasurer, and Carter A., chapter reporter, attended the conference together. They had the opportunity to meet members of the local business community as well as listen to Nebraska FBLA state officers, Midland professors, and local college students teaching classes about business related topics. The conference turned out to be very beneficial and successful. The team learned about leadership skills and had a great opportunity to develop and expand their social network.

The FBLA organization looks forward to this year and all the upcoming events. They have a Halloween-themed DodgeBall Tournament coming up this Monday, where students are encouraged to dress up. The winner receives a prize and gets to play the teachers at the pep rally for No Shave November. No Shave November, another event organized by the FBLA, is being held for cancer awareness and there will be a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. President Addi A. says that FBLA has been more involved than ever this year and that she is excited to see what they will accomplish. Because of COVID-19, last year was a bit different than expected and the team is looking forward to a more normal season this year where they can further their knowledge and business skills.