Recognition Rally at Conestoga

Conestoga Held its Last Recognition Rally for This School Year

Conestoga Speech Team members help lead the last recognition rally of the school year.

Jessica Schlictemeier

Murray, NEB.-As the school year is coming to an end, Conestoga held its last recognition rally this year to honor all the students who have been participating in extracurricular activities. Juniors Delaney D., Ella L., and Jagger P. led the rally and did an amazing job presenting teachers and students.

During this recognition rally, a total of 75 students got a Cougar Character Award after being nominated by a peer or teacher, which shows what incredible students attend Conestoga. The seniors participating in spring activities got the opportunity to say some well chosen words to encourage

John W., Daniel C., and Keaghan C. hold up certificates recognizing them as recipients of Omaha World-Herald honorable mention All State awards. (Jessica Schlictemeier)

underclassmen to go out for activities. The activities that were recognized were

Seniors sign on the papers to show what colleges colleges they plan to go to after high school. (Jessica Schlictemeier)

FFA, FBLA, Skills USA, Journalism, and music.

Furthermore, some of Conestoga’s outstanding students got awards for their accomplishments and contributions. The NSCA All-American Awards were awarded to students Evan S., Sophia A., and Jack W., for their performances as athletes in high school sports. Seniors Daniel C., Johnny W., and Keaghon C. received

the Omaha World-Herald Honorable mention All State award which is a tribute to outstanding high school seniors in Nebraska. Senior Cougar Culture Change awards were given to seniors Addi A., Evan S., Lindee W., Mati S., Morgan M., and Johnny W.

Senior Signing for seniors going to college, the workforce, or the military after they graduate took place at the recognition rally. Conestoga is sad to see all its wonderful seniors leave, however, they are excited to see where life takes them.