Conestoga Stories Through Students' Eyes

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Fall Foods

Fall+Foods

MURRAY, NEB- Now that the leaves are changing colors and the temperature is cooling down, that means it is time for fall foods to come out. Some fan favorites are pumpkin flavored anything, whether it be in pies, drinks, or desserts, but some other popular foods are apples, cinnamon, caramel, and chili.

At the start of the season restaurants add special foods and drinks to their menus. For example, IHOP makes special pumpkin spice pancakes. Since 2008 they have sold a little over one million pancakes per year. The Cheesecake Factory also makes a special salad called a harvest chicken salad. They also make a seasonal pumpkin pecan cheesecake. Panera makes an autumn squash soup and a cinnamon crunch latte. These are all places that you can stop and pick up a quick meal and enjoy on the go as well.

If you are looking for more of an at home idea there are some easy foods that are easy to make but still blow your taste buds away. You could make a pumpkin roll that contains few ingredients and can be made and ready to eat on the same day. There are also multiple popular pies that are worth trying to make. Not only do they taste good, but they are also easy to make at home from scratch or by picking some ingredients up from the store. Starting with the cherry pie, it may be popular around fall but it can be made all year round. One pie that will stand out anywhere especially in fall is the pumpkin pie, with a little whipped cream topping.

If you have a fall day ahead of you and you want to try new recipes or new foods, here are places and foods that are easy and delicious to try out soon.