Conestoga Stories Through Students' Eyes

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Winter Wonderland

Winter+Wonderland
Pixabay

Murray NE- The temperatures are dropping, which means winter is near. In the next few weeks as the holidays approach, snow starts to fall and marks the beginning of winter festivities. Most people want to stay home under a blanket when it’s cold, but these fun activities might change your mind in a heartbeat.

Some fan favorites during the winter are tubing, sledding, and skiing. You can do all these fun activities at Mt. Crescent Ski Resort.

If you are someone who enjoys hiking, grab your snowshoes and head to Fontenelle Forest. If you don’t have snowshoes, no need to worry you can rent them when you get there.

Another tourist attraction is Lauritzen Gardens located in downtown Omaha. This beautiful garden covers 100 acres and has a nature trail. They have a variety of different plants inside if you need a break from the cold. They are open daily for 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. besides Christmas day.

Warm up at Scooters and grab some coffee before you head out for the day. If you’re not sure what to get, Caramelicious is the most popular drink. Grab a muffin or breakfast sandwich for an easy breakfast on the go. They even have drinks such as smoothies and hot chocolate for people who don’t like coffee.

Stop at the Durham Museum’s Christmas at Union Station where you can find the tallest indoor Christmas tree in the region. There are also Christmas events that happen at the museum during the winter. They are closed on major holidays.

Enjoy a quick lunch or dinner at Block 16 and get back to your fun activities on this winter day. They have a big variety of food to choose from. The most popular food is their burgers and poutine burritos.
Monday- Saturday: 11a.m.- 2p.m.
Thursday- Saturday: 5p.m.- 8p.m.

To find more activities you can go to this link:
Winter Activities

To find more restaurants you can go to this link:
Restaurants in Omaha