Varsity Boys Soccer vs. Waverly

Murray, NEB- On Tuesday, April 16, there was a home boys soccer game against the Waverly Vikings. The final score was 1-4, with the Vikings taking the win. This was Conestoga’s second loss of the season, the first one being to the Crimson Pride of Roncalli Catholic, who as of April 18, is ranked tenth in Nebraska High School Soccer Class B rankings.

By the end of the first half, the score was 0-2, with the Vikings in the lead. Then, with less than 22 minutes left on the clock, A. Watson collided with an opposing player and was taken out of the game. Thankfully he wasn’t too badly injured and was back in the game about a minute later. M. Merwald went in for Watson at the goal-keeper position.

In the second half, with only three seconds remaining on the clock, T. Walker kicked the ball and made Conestogas one and only goal.

M. Merwald, a sophomore from Conestoga, was asked how he felt the team did. Here’s what he had to say. “It was a tough game against Waverly and I hope we bounce back.” He was also asked who he thought the Most Valuable Player(MVP) was. He thought that A. Lamoureux was the game’s MVP. When asked why, he had this to say, “He works really hard and he’s a great player.” Good luck to the boys soccer team for the rest of the season. Go Cougars!