Cougars Compete At Home

Murray, NEB-The Conestoga Track team held their home varsity invite on Monday, April 22. The meet consisted of 12 schools, the top team on the girls side was Ashland-Greenwood with 86 points and the top team for the boys was Platteview with 105 points.

Out of the 12 teams Conestoga girls placed fourth with 61 points. Girls who placed for Conestoga include, Dani A, Davida G, Chloe B, Ayla G, Elizabeth H, Elliot Z, and Piper I. Dani A placed first in the 3200 meter run with a time of 12:56.85. Ayla G placed first in triple jump, jumping 35-03, she also got second in long jump and third in the 100m. With Ayla’s jump of 35-03 in triple jump she broke the school record previously held by Haven Z. Chloe B placed second in triple jump with a jump of 34-02.50. Chloe also placed seventh in the 200m. Davida G placed fifth in the 200m dash and sixth in the 400m. Elizabeth H placed fifth in the 100m, Elliot Z placed fourth in the 400m and Piper I placed seventh in the 100m.

The Conestoga boys placed sixth with 53 points. Boys who found success include Gavin B, Jaren A, Montae H, Mickey, Colton B, and Casen C. Gavin B placed second in 300m hurdles and third in 110 m hurdles. Montae H placed first in triple jump with a jump of 42-09. Jaren A placed second in the 200m with a time of 22.45 and fourth in the 100m. Mickey placed third in triple jump. Colton B placed sixth in the 3200m and Casen C placed seventh in the 100m.

Conestoga will compete in their conference meet on Saturday, April, 27 at DC West. The team will have their last regular season meet at Raymond Central on May 2 and will go to districts at JCC on May 9.