Conestoga Girls Soccer vs. Concordia Mustangs

Murray, NEB- On Tuesday, April 23, Conestogas varsity girls soccer team took on the Concordia Mustangs on their home field. The final score was 1-2, with the Mustangs taking the win by one goal.

By the end of the first half, the score was 0-2, with the Mustangs in the lead. With just under 26 minutes left in the second half, number nine, Sessa M. passed the ball to number 23, Piper G. Piper then shot the ball into the upper left hand side of the goal to score Conestoga’s only goal of the game.

After the goal, Piper G., celebrated by jumping in a triangular huddle with Sessa M. and Ella T. The rest of the Cougars on the field joined in shortly after.

Freshman, Piper G, was asked how she thought she did during the game. Here’s what she had to say, “Not gonna lie, the first half was rough for me. I think I had a good comeback in the second half when I scored that goal.” When asked about the team as a whole she said, “The communication and amount of passes connected were a lot better in the second half.”

Piper was then asked who she believed the Most Valuable Player (MVP) of the game was. She put Ava T. as this game’s MVP. “Ava looked really good when she switched from midfield to offense, and hardly ever playing there all year, she did amazing.” Good luck Conestoga on the rest of your season!