2024-2025 Cheer and Dance Team

Murray, NEB- The 23-24 cheer and dance season came to an end with the Grand Island State Championship in Feb. With the season wrapping up and the seniors moving on, both teams held tryouts to fill spots on the team. Candidates were given a week before tryouts to learn and practice the routines/cheers. The official cheer tryouts were held on April 8 and dance tryouts took place on April 19.

The 24-25 Cheer Team has 14 members and a new assistant coach. “I am so excited to be the new assistant cheer coach, because when I was in high school cheer was my favorite thing! I always knew I wanted to coach cheer someday so I am super excited that this upcoming season I will get to coach. I can’t wait to get to know all the girls, and experience some of my favorite Conestoga cheer things again!”, Assistant Coach Jocelyn Deterding says.

Returning seniors to the team are Callie T, Gabi T, Elliott Z, and Kyler Z. Returning juniors consist of Miley C, Mercy W, Rachael U, and Layla B. The sophomores who are returning are Sophia T, Hadley G, Isabel B, Grace R, and Rhiannon J. The freshman newcomer to the team is Presely R. “With a new season approaching I am eager to begin working with a new team. I am excited to continue building our program and also implement some new things such as stunting technique. Head Coach Summer Rieke exclaims, “I am looking forward to another successful year with Conestoga Cheer!”

The Conestoga Dance team has 13 members for the 24-25 season. Freshman Chloe B states, “I’m excited for a new year on the dance team, and to get to know everyone a little better.” Seniors that are returning are Piper I, Elizabeth H, Sophia L, Raquel H, and Alaina M. The two returning juniors are Jozlyn K, and KK J. Returning sophomores are Chloe B, Piper G, and Layla F. The freshman newcomers are Trystin H, Mya K, and Scout N.

“The beginning of a new season is always so exciting. I am looking forward to getting to know the new girls and watching them grow this year. It will also be amazing to watch my new seniors lead our team. We love preparing new dances for our crowd and getting to start fresh with a brand new team. It will be a great year!”, Head Coach Kathrine Bloch exclaims.

The two teams will get to work practicing over the summer to prepare for the upcoming cheer and dance season. Congratulations to all the members of the cheer and dance team and good luck with your season!