FBLA Takes on State

Conestoga FBLA

MURRAY, Neb – This past week Conestoga’s FBLA chapter attended the annual State Leadership Conference (SLC). Members traveled all the way to Kearney to compete in a variety of events in hope of making it to nationals.

FBLA members are able to practice prior to SLC and work hard to learn more about what they are doing for their events. Officers were to attend state joined by other members who showed they had earned their spot and wanted to attend. Students who attended, representing Conestoga’s FBLA chapter, consisted of Sophia A, Jagger P, Ethan A, Carter A, Brody M, Dani A, Britany J, Rachel B, John M, Calum J, Zach S, Sessa M, Brandon L, Alyssa B, Callie T, and Jozlyn K.

The events were spread out over the span of three days. Each member competed in three events which consisted of testing, projects, speeches, and team events. Each event will have a top 10 who are awarded at the final ceremonies. The top three students will have an automatic entry into the National Leadership Conference (NLC). However, students who place 4th or 5th still have the possibility of attending if one or two of the 1st-3rd placing students are not able to attend.

Students were also given the opportunity to attend seminars and listen to a range of topics from different speakers. In the main convention center, there were also booths set out about different colleges to broaden the horizon of students. Meetings were also held to help present and determine the new State FBLA officers.

Conestoga’s FBLA chapter has a total of approximately 27 members. However, only 16 members competed at SLC which resulted in two members placing. Jagger P placed second in Impromptu Speaking meaning he is automatically in to go to NLC. Callie T also placed fourth in Introduction to Parliamentary Procedures meaning there is a possibility she will be able to attend NLC alongside Jagger.