Conestoga Stories Through Students' Eyes

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Watch out! The Dangers of Vaping and How to Quit

Murray, NEB- As most people are aware, new vape detectors were installed inside of Conestoga High School. After this has happened several students have been caught vaping and have received a suspension. Vaping and smoking are addictions that can be very difficult to get rid of. As of now there have been 4,338,065 deaths caused by smoking this year, smoking is a key factor in getting lung cancer. As I am currently writing this 6,498,189,792 cigarettes have been smoked today. Another reason why you should not smoke or vape is because it can be quite costly, a single pack of cigarettes cost anywhere from 7 to 10$ depending on where you go. The approximate cost of a vape is $10 but the pods with the juice are about $8. After some time all that money could have been put towards something useful or needed. Some people want to quit but they are struggling because these are addictions so here are a few ways or ideas you could try to quit:

A simple way to stop smoking would be nicotine gum
Start cutting down little by little
Chewing gum may help
Tell others you are quitting so you can convince yourself

There are several other methods, but those were some examples that may help you. Here are a few more reasons you should stop:

Stop and think about those around you, they don’t want to smell the smoke from walking past you
The smell is plain awful
Your smoker cough will disappear
Your sense of smell will improve
The second hand inhalation of smoke can make someone sick

Those were some personal reasons to stop, many people have their own reasons so those were just some examples. There are also people you can talk to to help you stop smoking, it may take time but starting now is better than never.