Conestoga Prom

Mrs. Dworak
2024 Prom Court

NEB- Conestoga’s prom was held in the high school gym on Sat. April 13th. Coronation started at 7 p.m. where they announced prom court along with the king and queen. The day before, juniors and seniors could vote who they wanted to be named king and queen.

The seniors who received the most votes to be on prom court were announced over the intercom earlier in the week. Those students were Zach S., Brody M., Amandine J., and Journey S. Noah S and Gabby L. were the prince and princess. Then, on Saturday night during coronation, they officially announced the king and queen, Jake C and Harley V.

Elliott Z, a student on the prom committee was interviewed and she quoted, “There were a lot of ideas being bounced back and forth when it came to coming up with a theme. There was a group of girls that got together and thought this theme would be great. Callie T came up with the idea and made a presentation to show to the class.” She said, “We were going for the Great Gatsby, feathers, pearls, black and gold.”
The prom committee took the whole school day on Friday to set the decorations up in the gym. Prom lasted from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.

After prom took place at the Mark in Omaha. Everyone who went receiced matching shirts to wear the rest of the night. The night consisted of bowling, laser tag and arcade games. Congratulations to the 2024 prom king and queen. Until next year!