FBLA Goes to State

Courtesy of Mr. Brokaw

Murray, NEB- Conestoga Jr/Sr High School sent 20 of their FBLA students to state, which was held in Kearney, Neb. this year.

Carter A, Brody B, and Catya B all got honorable mentions in their events. Callie T placed eighth in one of her three events. Two students qualified to go to nationals, which is being held in Orlando Fla. this summer. One of the qualifying students is freshman Layla F.

“Competing for the first time was really fun but also scary,” says Layla F, “I didn’t think I would even place top eight, let alone second place. I had technical difficulties and was very nervous since this was my first year of FBLA, but I can’t wait to go to nationals in Orlando this summer!”

Other national qualifier, senior John M., talks about his events and how he did.
“My events were Public Policy and Advocacy, which I placed third and will be taking to NLC. My second event was Business and Communications, which I also placed third in, and my last event was Impromptu Speaking, which I placed seventh.”

Senior Rachel B, who has been in FBLA for all four years of her highschool career, talks about her overall FBLA experience.

“I enjoyed FBLA more and more every year, I think for my last year it was pretty good. We had a good sized chapter, a lot of engagement, and a lot of new people on the team. My overall experience was great. I gained a lot of confidence, knowledge, and learned how to be a leader. A plus was that we got to run the dodgeball tournament every year, which is super fun!”

“I think anyone interested in FBLA should do it,” says Rachel B, “It’s a fun experience and you can get to choose your events, which can range from public speaking to independent tests.”