Girls Go To Districts

Murray, NEB- 4A girls wrestling districts were held at the Broken Bow High School. Six of the Conestoga girl wrestlers qualified for districts, and four made it to state; Gabby L, Maggie F, Morgan H, and Kyler Z.

“I believe the girls’ districts went well,” says state qualifier Morgan H, “we competed well. It was a crazy environment and full of fun. We completed our goal with sending four girls to state, and those that didn’t make it wrestled really well. All the girls supported their teammates through the whole meet.”

One of the state qualifiers’ being a senior, Gabby L speaks about her last wrestling season.

“It feels really good to go to state as a senior. I’ve been wrestling since last year’s season ended and all last summer. I did all this to meet my goal, which was to just qualify for districts, and for once I did that. My next goal was to make it to state, and I did. It feels really amazing to see all my hard work pay off from the off season and all of this season.”

When asking district qualifier Allee Jo I about the girl’s season, this is what she had to say.

“The season started off rocky, because we had many news girls joining the team. I think it eventually really picked up and has been doing pretty good since, especially with all the ups and downs. I know we accomplished a lot as a team, but also as individuals; some girls getting their first wins, and some going to districts. I think that we will do a lot better next season. Overall, it was a lot of hard work with the new group of girls, and they’re all doing amazing.”

“Come support the wrestling team in the future!” says wrestler Hannah B.