Soccer vs Platteview

Murray, NEB- The Conestoga boys soccer team went against Plattsmouth, who is a Class B team with a win record of 10-1. The Conestoga team ended up losing 0-3.

“It was a really close match,” says freshman player Noah E, “the score didn’t really show how closely matched it really was. The first half we came out slow and didn’t play very well, we didn’t match their intensity, so they got up. The second half we came back with intensity not allowing them to score, and almost got a couple goals ourselves. When we see them at districts we know what to expect and will hopefully beat them.”

Goalie Aaron W talks about the game from his position and how he thinks he played.

“I feel as though we played a good game. Although they put a few in the net I had quite a few good saves. It was definitely close though in my opinion.”

Junior, Jonny C, tells us about the boys soccer teams season so far.

“I think the season overall is going pretty good. A lot of our players have gotten injured and aren’t able to play, so we’ve had a lot of subs on the field which is causing us to not be at our full potential. We’ve lost a few games to some pretty good teams, but other than that we’re going to have a comeback and hopefully make it to state.”

“Wish the cougars the best of luck for the rest of their season!” says Lilly A.