Game On Cougars!

Prowl Staff

Murray, NEB – Have you ever wondered what esports really is? Esports is where you play video games and compete against other schools. We have esports right here at Conestoga sponsored by Mr. Belvery. Esports has done an amazing job in their season so far. Mr. Belvery says “I like that esports is growing and it’s becoming big”. Esports is a wonderful sport for those who are not too involved in other sports. It’s cool to be involved and it keeps you competitive.

Esports is considered a sport and a club. You can play all year round but there are different seasons where you play different video games. In the fall they play Super Mario Bros and Clash of Clans. In the winter, which is coming up very soon, they play Mario Kart. And in the spring they play Fortnite.

You can join in any season and you mainly will practice at home. Mr. Belvery usually lets the students play at home to practice since you can’t really practice for a video game competition since it takes personal skill. Every season there are about six to seven students who compete for Conestoga. During the spring there are eight to nine kids just because Fortnite is a very popular game.

Lets just say esports is a very engaging sport and has lots of benefits from meeting new people to making it to state. Mr. Belvery would like to convince more people to go out for esports and win a few medals. Esports is becoming more known especially since more people have found it very entertaining. So go ahead and contact Mr. Belvery about esports and give it a try.