FFA Goes to State

Kaitlyn Taylor

FFA students pose for a photo at their state competition

Murray, NEB. – The FFA group led by Kaitlin Taylor went to compete in state FFA last week from Wednesday, April 6 – Friday, April 8. State FFA has many different ratings and events. There is floriculture, environmental and natural resources, food science and technology, agriscience and meat evaluation. Each of these categories consists of groups competing.
While at State FFA, students go to sessions with motivational speakers and awards. Students then compete in their events at UNL East Campus. There is also a career fair and expo where students get to interact with ag industry leaders and college representatives. Students also attended a leadership workshop.

This was most of the students’ first time attending state FFA. The freshman students that attended were Callie T., Robbi Z., Ava W., Cydney V., Alyssa B., Mason S., Chase C, Bridget M. and Louie C. Sophomores were Kylie M., Lily J. and Aaron W.. Juniors were Kenzie J., Sophia T., Brink S. and Chase M. Seniors were Lindee W., Evan S. and Abby N.

Senior Lindee W. stated “It was super fun so glad to be back in person. I haven’t been since my freshman year because of covid. I’m so glad to see everyone get their awards in person. I won the state championship in ag sales last year, but I had to accept mine over zoom in our library, so I am so happy to see everyone get to walk across that stage instead. I got my state degree with Evan Svanda and we have worked so hard throughout high school to receive that and it was such a great experience to get it in Lincoln.”

Then Freshman Callie T. after attending for her first year stated, “State FFA was a blast! It was a great experience to see all of these students who come from different schools and towns to just be in the same place and share the same excitement and passion for agriculture. We spent the course of three days competing in different events relating to the world of agriculture and FFA.”

Lindee W. and Evan S. also earned their State Degrees after working very hard for many years! Congratulations to all the State FFA kids and all the hard work they put in to earn their awards!