Conestoga Stories Through Students' Eyes

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

State Wrestling

State+Wrestling
@stogawrestling on Instagram

Murray, NEB- The high school wrestling season has officially wrapped up for the state of Nebraska. Nebraska state wrestling was Feb. 15-17. Conestoga Jr/Sr High School sent a total of six wrestlers to this state tournament. Two out of those six made it onto the podium.

The boys team sent two boys to the tournament, a sophomore, James K., and a junior, Collin D. Out of five total matches for the boys, they won one. This win was by James K. against Tracy P of Boone Central in the second period at 2:38.

The girls team sent four girls to the tournament, sophomore, Maggie F., juniors, Kyler Z and Morgan H, and senior, Gabby L. The girls had 13 matches in total and won a total of six. The girls final team score ended up being 36 points, scoring seventeenth out of 86 teams in total.

Maggie F., a third place medalist the year before in the 2022-23 season, made it all the way to the finals this year against Zoey B. of Omaha Westside. Zoey was a state champion against Conestoga’s previous 114, Kylee P. in the 2021-22 season. She was also a fifth place medalist last year at the 135 pound weight class. Maggie F. had gone all season undefeated. Her final record ended up being 44-1, her one loss to Zoey B. in the state finals.

Morgan H., a first time state qualifier, won three out of five matches she had in the three day span. Her two losses were against Andie G. of Beatrice and Dylen R. of Ralston. She met them back on the podium, Andie in the fourth place spot and Dylen in the runner-up spot. Morgan pinned Ava M. of West Point-Beemer in 1:51.

Congratulations to the Conestoga Jr/Sr High School state medalists and qualifiers!