Boys District Wrestling

@stogawrestling on instagram

Murray, NEB- The Conestoga Jr./Sr. High’s Winter sports season is wrapping up for the year. The wrestling season has ended for all but two of the boys, Collin D., and James K. They qualified for state which takes place February 15-17. Two out of the ten boys have officially finished their high school wrestling careers. Those two are Conestogas senior wrestlers, Jacob L. and Calum J.

Three boys were seeded top four at districts, two juniors and one sophomore. Those were Mason S., Collin D., and James K. Mason S. was seeded second, Collin D. was seeded third, and James K. was seeded fourth.

Collin D. pinned Niklas S. of Louisville at 3:54 in the heartbreak round. James K. pinned Mason S. of Elkhorn Valley at 3:31 in the heartbreak round as well. Those matches were their tickets to state.

James K. ended up placing third at districts, surpassing the expectation of placing fourth. Collin D. ended up placing fourth, losing to Max E. of Yutan in the finals as well as the second round. With ten boys on Conestogas wrestling team and only two making it to state, they placed twelfth out of sixteen teams and placed only .5 of a point above Louisville. Conestoga ended up with 37 team points while Louisville had 36.5.

One more week left of high school wrestling season for those two boys until next year.