A Bond for Our Future

Conestoga Building Project Website

Murray, NEB- This year Conestoga Public School District is trying to pass a bond. It is not set in stone, but the bond would consist of adding more classrooms to the high school. The school board’s focus in wanting to pass a bond is to add more classrooms as more students attend Conestoga. Another topic that has been discussed is adding an additional gym to the high school. There has also been talk about expanding the elementary school.

Years ago the “one” in Conestoga stood out. As the district grew, “one” is what the school was striving for. According to the Director of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment , “We are several communities that come together to support each other and our students. By gathering information from a variety of perspectives the committee is hopefully able to support us in embracing being “one” district that is Conestoga!” She said, “Our resources are limited in our community and if the school is able to support all ages in education from birth to 21 in both education and extracurriculars that would be fantastic!”

From previous surveys the bond has been close to being approved. There is no real evidence in why it hasn’t passed before. Feedback from past years say that the bond was not looking far enough into the future of Conestoga.

You can find more information on the building project by following the link: https://sites.google.com/view/conestoga-public-schools/home

Remember! You can register to vote at 18 years old! Follow the link to register: https://www.nebraska.gov/apps-sos-voter-registration/