State E-Sports

State+E-Sports

MURRAY, NE – State e-sports took place on February 2, 2024. The Conestoga e-sports team competed against four different schools before competing in the championships. The semi-finals were between Winnebago and Conestoga. Conestoga had a big lead with 2-0. Then it was down to the championships. Conestoga against Syracuse. They were tied for the beginning but things got aggressive and Syracuse won 2-1.

Conestoga e-sports had a great season for Mario Kart. They practiced everyday in their free time and even played at school during Cougar Connections. The coach, Mr. Beverly seemed very impressed on how they ended the season but seemed a bit upset when they lost the Championship. Next season is a new season, it’s Fortnite! Most kids enjoy Fortnite season more and lots of students are excited to try out for the new season. In Fortnite you can build, create and battle many opponents.

Championship season is the most stressful time of the season because you have to put all your focus and effort into making state to represent Conestoga. Conestoga e-sports has become more and more popular over the years and students are noticing that. Check out Fortnite season to get a chance to represent Conestoga. Fortnite is the most popular season of e-sports because most students play this game at home and even have been playing for years. If you are interested in trying to show off Conestoga or willing to join, contact Mr. Beverly for more information on practices and starting time.