Cougar Classic

Cougar+Classic

Murray, NEB- The season for the Conestoga boys’ and girls’ wrestling teams are now underway. They kicked off their season with their very own tournament, The Cougar Classic. This year, three more teams participated, adding two more teams to the girls and one to the boys.

The girls kicked off their season with 3rd place and had four girls take home the gold. These four girls were Morgan H, Kyler Z, Maggie F, and Ava F. Allee I, ended up taking third place, pinning her opponent. Three other girls, Gabby L, Cydney V, and Lilly A, ended up placing fourth place. Freshman, Ava F, was asked how it felt to get first place at her first high school tournament, “It was a huge confidence boost and it made me push myself harder so I could feel that feeling (of winning) again.”

The boys started their season placing fifth, and had two boys make it to the finals. These two boys were Collin D, and James K. James wrestled a former state runner-up from the year before and made it to the third period before getting pinned. Two other boys, Asher K, and Mason S, fought back to place third.

What a great way to start the season for both the girls and boys! Great job to both and keep up the great work!