Conestoga Stories Through Students' Eyes

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Snow Day Activities

Murray, NEB- Students and teachers are always dreaming of a snow day during the cold winter months, but when there finally is one it can be hard to find something to do. On some snow days it may not be safe to even leave the house so what are you supposed to do? Well there are more activities to do at home than you may think.

While inside you can make some baked goods or cook up a nice meal for you and your family. This is a relaxing activity that gives you a delicious result! It can also take a while depending on what you make so you have something to do for a good chunk of the day. If you are a family person, playing board games or even video games can be a lot of fun and bring out the competitive side in everyone and you get a chance to beat your family members at your favorite games. If you are an artsy person, crafts can be a blast when you’re inside. An easy and fun winter craft is paper snowflakes. You only need paper, tape, and scissors to do this and there are dozens of designs you can try out.

If it’s not unbearably cold, it is always an option to go play in the snow. Classic snow activities are snow forts, snow angels, sledding, and having a snowball fight. You are never too old to enjoy the snow so don’t be afraid to have fun, just make sure to stay safe and warm.
After your long day of games, snow, crafts, or cooking it is time to settle down. You can read a book or binge watch your favorite movies or shows with a warm cup of hot chocolate and some snacks. You can use this as family time or as alone time in your cozy room. It can be tempting to lay in bed on your phone all day but there are so many things you can do for fun on your day off.