Out Of This World

Ella S
Queen Dani A Adjusts her crown.

Murray NEB- Homecoming week at Conestoga took place Sept.17-23. The festivities for the students kicked off with a community Pep Rally Sunday night. The cheerleaders, dancers and the band led the community through the night.The festivities continued all the way through the dance on Saturday.

Conestoga students dressed up all throughout the school week. On Tuesday the theme was Adam Sandler, dress up winners include Lucas B, Mercy W, Logan L and Gavin B. Wednesday students dressed for either cowboys or aliens. Majority of the students dressed as cowboys. Thursday’s theme followed the controversial blockbuster trend of Barbenheimer. On Friday the students showed out with their Cougar spirit.

On Friday night the Conestoga football team took on Omaha Christian Academy. “The boys had a really good week at practice. We knew this was a winnable game, but we knew we had to play well, hang on to the ball and tackle well,” TJ Quick said. The Cougars blew away the Eagles with a score of 57-14. “The boys were excited, there haven’t been very many homecoming wins in the past decade,” Quick said about his team.

Cougar Mania dressed out in their Cougar spirit gear and cheered on the Cougars. The cheerleaders led the crowd with their cheers all night long. At halftime, the Cougarettes performed a pom routine to Conga. The band performed their field show of Firework led by drum majors Savina P and Kyler Z.

The high school students voted for their senior homecoming royalty. The candidates for the queen included Dani A, Prinsessa M, Journey S and Harleigh V. The king candidates were Mickey T-H, Noah S, Brody M and Aaron W. Dani and Mickey were crowned queen and king. Prinsessa and Aaron were nominated princess and prince.

On Saturday night the students ended homecoming week with a bang. They packed the high school commons for the homecoming dance. All night long there were kids all over the dance floor dancing the night away. “I had a lot of fun with my friends, dance and cheer did a great job making it all happen,” Freshman Layla F said.