College Week Preview

Murray, NEB- College week is next week at Conestoga. It will run from Oct. 3-6. The week will consist of multiple interactive activities to promote secondary options after high school.

The rundown of next week is as follows. Oct 3, students will be given a bingo card to complete throughout the week, cards are to be completed and handed in by Friday. Anyone that completes a bingo card will receive a prize and be entered into a Visa gift card drawing. Teachers will also have signs on their doors displaying where they attend college, students will be able to ask teachers questions about college and the college going experience.

Oct 4, Seniors will participate in Apply2College day during their English classes. They will have time to work on a variety of applications, scholarships, and activity resumes. It will be held the same day as college gear day, any student wearing college gear will win a prize and be entered to win a Visa gift card. Oct 5, Juniors will spend time at a virtual college fair and wrap up the week on Oct 6, ​Seniors will watch a college planning and financial aid presentation during their government classes.

College week isn’t just for juniors and seniors, underclassmen can take advantage too. Laurel Kreifels, Conestoga’s guidance counselor, said “For junior high and underclassmen the week is a fun way to learn more about all the opportunities that are available.”

College week will have many activities all week, including cougar connections being centered around college week and many prizes. College week is in place to help students learn about different colleges, and help promote the college going atmosphere.