Student Leadership Team

Mr. Swantek
Students from the Leadership Team hang out between workshop sessions.

Murray, NEB- Have you ever wanted to voice your ideas about improving school? In the Student Leadership Team, the newest club at Conestoga, you can. In this new club students partake in coming up with new ideas on how to improve and benefit the school. Students as a whole group come together and create and talk about ideas about improving school. Students will talk about what makes the school an interactive and fun environment. They will reflect on what works and doesn’t work to make the best version of the school possible.

All ideas are through the students’ viewpoints, and any concerns and new ideas are from Conestoga students. This gives a new perspective and how to tackle problems in the school and it gives a chance for students to express their ideas and opinions.

This year’s student leadership team consists of 17 members. The staff members participating in the club are Jesse Swantek, Brooke Iverson, and Rob Geise. The Student Leadership Team doesn’t just benefit the school, it also benefits students in the club.

Dylan Kayhanfar, a member of the club expressed his thoughts about the club and how it benefits the school. “It allows students to express their thoughts without receiving criticism for their ideas, and it is a safe environment for students to express their own opinions.”

The club is new, and it is still continuing to be a work in progress. But in the future as the club continues to grow, many more students can help make a positive impact on the school. And they can voice their opinions and help create the best school environment possible.