Conestoga FFA Takes on Indiana and Kentucky

Conestoga FFA Facebook

Murray, NEB- Conestoga FFA took a trip to the National FFA Convention, and Expo in Indianapolis, Ind. They were also able to travel to Louisville, Ky. to tour the Louisville Slugger Museum, Kentucky Derby and Churchill Downs. On Friday, students were able to network with industry professionals at the FFA Expo including Merck Animal Health, American Farm Bureau, Freight Farms, CASE IH, John Deere, and many more. Students also attended several sessions and heard keynote speakers and retiring addresses from the National FFA Officer team. Students watched the chapter of conduct meeting finals and watched the Nebraska team win. When visiting the Lucas Oil Stadium convention daily, they listened to keynote speakers, FFA choirs, watched the FFA talent show and so much more.

Students Brinn A, Louie C, Paityn H, Bridget M, Mason S, Ava T, Callie T, Cydney V, Aaron W, Ava W, Jacob W and, Robbi Z attended the convention. Callie T said, “Through the speakers, I learned about the beauty of trying new things and adapting to change.”

While visiting Indiana they had the opportunity to meet FFA members from all around the country. It also gave students the chance to experience other events FFA has to offer and bring back ideas to their chapter. Aaron W said, “I enjoyed meeting others from across the nation while learning about our similarities and differences.”

When asked about his experiences at the convention, he said, “The rodeo was by far the best rodeo I have ever seen before. It included horse riding, bull riding, and horses doing tricks.“ Even though it was a learning experience they still had fun.

This trip was very significant to Conestoga’s FFA team. Not only did members learn more about people and agriculture around the world, but they also got the time to learn more about each other and bond throughout the trip.