Conestoga Foundation

Image by rawpixel.com on Freepik
Scholarship Application Form Foundation Concept

MURRAY, NEB- As the second semester begins at Conestoga, many seniors are faced with the huge financial burden of college. The Conestoga Foundation was created in 1988 to educate the public on the increasing need for financial support to supplement District revenues. It also receives and maintains funds solely for educational and charitable purposes. Each year, the Foundation awards scholarships to graduating seniors who plan to seek higher education by attending college or a trade school.

The main goals of the Conestoga Foundation are to better the education of students and serve all the needs of students in the community. According to Tracy Priefert, the president of the Foundation, the short-term goal is to raise awareness of their existence. “Even though the Foundation has been in existence for 35 years, many of our community patrons aren’t familiar with it.” The Foundation has supported the FFA program for years and relies on the generosity of donors who make tax-deductible contributions to continue to help students thrive. They hope to be able to create grants for teachers so they can purchase things they might need that aren’t covered by general fund revenues. This includes special classroom projects, guest speakers, and educational buildings such as a greenhouse.

All seniors are welcome to apply for Conestoga Foundation scholarships and should contact Mrs. Kreifels if they have not received a packet containing a general application form. Applicants must submit a resume, transcript, several essay responses, and their postsecondary and career plans. Students may need to complete additional requirements such as letters of recommendation or additional essay responses about the specific scholarship they are applying for. The complete application must be turned in to Mrs. Kreifels by the due date listed at the bottom.

Call the district at (402) 235-2271 to make a direct monetary donation to the Foundation. For those who wish to set up a scholarship, memorial gift, or estate planning, please contact Allison Welch at [email protected]. All donations are tax-deductible.