Conestoga Stories Through Students' Eyes

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

FFA Week

FFA+Week

Murray, NEB- This past week was FFA Week! Students showed their support for the program by dressing up for the themes. Future Farmers of America (FFA) is an organization that prepares members for leadership and careers in the science, business and technology of agriculture. It was founded in 1928 in Blacksburg, Virginia by a group of young farmers who wanted to prepare future generations for the challenges of feeding a growing population. They taught students that agriculture is more than planting and harvesting – it is also a science, business, and art.

On Tuesday, members of FFA wore official dress, while the student body dressed in gold and blue. FFA also had their picture taken during the morning and held an agricultural lesson for third graders at the elementary school. On Wednesday, the theme was western attire. FFA members also got up early before school to make a teacher appreciation breakfast. During Cougar Connections, classes played agriculture themed trivia. Thursday’s theme was camo vs orange. Students could drive tractors to school as long as they arrived by 7:15. There was also an FFA meeting during Cougar Connections for members. On Friday, the theme was flannels. FFA attended the Spring Leadership Conference on February 23 and 24.

Mrs. Kennebeck teaches the agricultural classes at Conestoga. They consist of Plant Science, Natural Resources, Floriculture, 7th Leadership, 8th Agriculture, Animal Science, Agribusiness, Food Science, and Intro to AFNR. If a career in agriculture is something that interests you, you should enroll in Mrs. Kennebeck’s classes next year.